Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Research Scientist
The Senior Research Scientist provides technical support to theupstream formulation development team, within R&D, to identify technologiesand develop key household cleaning product propositions that consistently meetor exceed consumer’s expectations while supporting business sustainability andmeeting Seventh Generation authenticity and ingredient guidelines. This involvesa combination of skill in the laboratory, strong creative problem solvingskills, an understanding of consumer drivers in our product categories andthe passion to bring truly differentiated products to market.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Formulate products that meet our performance and authenticity standards and ensure that products are delivered on-time and within budget while meeting all consumer and technical objectives
- Manage projects independently, working well cross-functionally with Marketing, Supply Chain, other R&D groups and outside vendors.
- Identify, review and assess pertinent technologies from external and internal sources.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential raw material suppliers.
- Collaborate with suppliers and other scientists within the organization to develop new technologies, new forms, new biobased ingredients,
- Collaborate in product qualification including product stability testing, micro-challenge, and performance testing.
- Collaborate with the consumer science team to conduct market analyses to identify innovative points of differentiation for formulation, claims and/or performance.
- Stay abreast of technical developments and regulatory updates in the household cleaning category by reviewing technical publications, articles and abstracts as well as attending relevant conferences.
- Develop product specifications for new products and create documentation to support all product qualification requirements.
- Commit to personal development and professional growth by actively participating in personal development initiatives and applying developmental thinking within the context of planning and executing work.
- Potential supervision, collaboration, and mentoring of associate chemists and interns
- Support early research projects
- Support scale up by generating data that provides a holistic picture of potential formula manufacturing behavior.
- Support product launch with visit to outside manufacturer partners, market and consumer insight events as requested.
KNOWLEDGE ANDSKILL REQUIREMENTS
- BS in Chemistry, microbiology, engineering or related discipline, advanced degrees is an advantage
- 7+ years experience in R&D, Formula Development or Technical Product Management preferably in a consumer products goods company - direct experience in home care is preferred.
- Experience reviewing and assessing new technologies, regulations and patents is desired.
- Need to be flexible and adapt to change as will work on different product categories.
- Need to be able to manage many projects at the same time
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills and proven ability to work in a fast paced work environment.
- Strong project management skills
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, PPT
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written skills with intense attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Self motivated with an enhanced ability to work independently
- Passion for working in a values based company
- Strong alignment with Seventh Generation’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Ability to operate effectively in a team
- Open minded and can do attitude is essential
- Lab and office environment
- No specific physical requirements
- Travel is expected up to 10% of the time
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life atUnilever | Careers with Purpose | WorldClass Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unileveris an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our businessresults and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, globalconsumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows usto match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/ProtectedVeterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicantsand employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For moreinformation, please see EEOis the Law
Employmentis subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drugscreening, background check, credit check and DMV check.