Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Innovation Planner, North America & New Markets - Ben & Jerry's
United States-Vermont-South Burlington-South Burlington -30 Community
Ben & Jerry’s
Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., started in 1978 in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont, USA, founded by childhood friends and dedicated activists Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. In 2000 Ben & Jerry’s became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Unilever whilst maintaining an independent Board of Directors to provide leadership focused on preserving and expanding Ben & Jerry's social mission, brand integrity, and product quality. Nowadays our products are distributed in 35 countries in supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, franchise Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Shops, restaurants and other venues.
At Ben & Jerry’s we have an inspiring ambition. We aim to pioneer our ‘linked prosperity business model’ to advance the global movement for social and economic justice while growing our sales to one billion by 2020. The model is as simple as it is radical: When the company benefits, all those touched by the company also benefit, including employees, suppliers, customers, and communities. Therefore, we are expanding rapidly in Europe as well as in new markets in Asia and Latin America. This translates into a high-paced growth environment where we bring our grassroots and activist spirit every day. That is how we remain a true values-led organisation with a connected 3-part mission, which you will find reflected in your goals and aspirations:
- Social mission: to initiate innovative ways to improve the quality of life locally, nationally and internationally
- Product mission: to make and distribute the finest quality all natural and super premium ice-cream and euphoric concoctions
- Economic mission: to operate the Company on a sustainable financial basis of profitable growth
The Associate Innovation Project Manager - Ben & Jerry North America and New Markets supports the Ben & Jerry’s Global Supply Chain Manager in managing the critical interface between the Supply Chain, Category, and Brand Development groups to ensure that the conceptual innovation is developed in accord with the strategic goals of both the Business Teams and the Supply Chain. The Associate Innovation Project Manager represents the Supply Chain as a process leader in all stages of the innovation process for the innovation projects that they support for North America and New Markets (Brazil, Australia, Japan, Singapore, etc)
Our people profile
To support out 3-part mission, Ben & Jerry’s also has an outspoken people-mission. We look for people with these characteristics to strengthen our team:
- Purpose-driven: passion and drive to make a real impact
- Empathy: curious to collaborate with a variety of personalities and styles and to build excellent relationships with internal & external stakeholders - this includes cross-functional relationships and striving for collaborative success
- Mastery: continuously learn, grow and develop to contribute to B&Js
- Autonomy: dare to make choices and take ownership
About the role
The Associate Innovation Project Manager will focus on collaboratively working in cross functional teams to enable successful delivery of new innovations that will exceed the expectations of our fans! The ideal candidate will manage multiple projects and leverage planning, manufacturing, development and project management experience to proactively identify and mitigate risks to successfully launch innovations.
- Develops functional project timelines with input from the Innovation Project Team (IPT) using Microsoft Project to support the delivery of the innovation process from project creation to launch. Then, manages the timelines to ensure that the projects stay on time and within budget. Holds team accountable for delivering milestones throughout the project to ensure the team stays on track for a successful launch.
- Works with Procurement on assigned projects to communicate project activities with key suppliers to ensure that the supplier capability and capacity exists to deliver project expectations.
- Attends Innovation Project Team meetings for the assigned category brands. Leads discussions on project progress. Creates and manages communications regarding project activity within the IPT.
- Leads first production and sales sample generation process with Planning, Deployment, and sourcing locations. This includes managing all required activation activities, BOM approvals, and contract placements with the appropriate support teams.
- Maintains and communicates the physical product information. Manages the smooth transition of the project launch to the Supply Chain Planning team.
- Works with Manufacturing, key IPT members, and third-party manufacturers to assess capability, capacity, and capital requirements. Assists in assignment of source selection.
- Actively supports Quality and Savings improvement projects in the IPTs. Participates in ideation sessions and ensures that the IPT teams deliver OTIF (on time in full) completion of approved Quality and VIP projects.
What It Takes
If it was easy, everyone would do it. Delivering on our 3-part mission means making the best possible ice cream, in innovative ways to make to make the world a better place, while managing our company for sustainable financial growth. Achieving the mission takes a team with passion and resiliency that can collaborate to find the solutions needed to achieve our goals.
Primary Traits (required stuff)
- Education & Training: BA/BS in Logistics, Operations, Planning, Engineering, Business Administration, or related fields.
- 3+ years of relevant planning, manufacturing, development, and project management experience
Secondary Traits (extra bonus points)
- APICS CPIM certification a plus
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!