Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ben & Jerry's Class I Production Worker (2nd shift)
Job Reference #: 18000GMC
United States-Vermont-St. Albans-St. Albans -BJI- VT Plant
Background & Purpose of the Job
Ben & Jerry’s produces super premium ice cream known for its high quality and unique add-ins ranging from large chunks of bakery items, chocolate, nuts, sauces and candy pieces, all with their own quirky memorable names.
Ben & Jerry’s mission has always meant more than how flavors taste and how fast they fly off the shelf.
We make the best possible ice cream in the nicest way possible. It takes a variety of people and disciplines to deliver a taste bud-boggling odyssey great enough to take you all the way to the state of euphoria.
Interested in joining our mission to fill store shelves with our ice cream? Our Vermont Manufacturing team is currently looking for a Class I Production Worker to support our St. Albans team.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Operate packaging machinery and palletization systems in compliance with finished product specifications.
- Operate material handling equipment used to store and retrieve raw materials and finished product to adhere to production and transportation schedules.
- Manually load and unload delivery trucks.
- Issue to and return from production raw materials used to manufacture ice cream.
- Perform physical cycle counts for inventory verification.
- Package, palletize, wrap and store finished product and materials.
- Recycle cardboard and plastic.
- Ship and receive packages and distribute to appropriate locations.
- Stock and maintain employee ice cream freezers.
- Comply with all Safety and GMP guidelines.
- Maintain work area in a neat, orderly and clean manner.
- Take part on plant sub teams
- Operation of Powered Industrial Trucks
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic math and English skills.
- Basic understanding of Safety practices such as the use of PPE and MSDS
- Knowledge of GMPs sufficient to perform tasks in manufacturing areas.
- Basic understanding of the inventory address system sufficient to store and retrieve inventory.
- Basic understanding of the shipping & receiving process sufficient to ensure timely supply of raw ingredients to production and support the preservation of product integrity.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!