Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Receptionist - Full-time
at LASIK MD
# of openings:
We’re LASIK MD, Canada’s number one provider of laser vision correction. Since 2001, LASIK MD has helped people improve their vision and change their lives! Currently, we have over 30 clinics across Canada. For nine consecutive years, LASIK MD has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We are proud of and owe our continued success to our dedicated team of employees and we want you to be a part of it all!
To find out if LASIK MD is the employer for you, find our values here:
As a Receptionist at LASIK MD, the mission is to welcome patients and start their clinical experience positively. The receptionist must make every patient feel at ease at LASIK MD and give the best possible first impression of our services.In addition, the receptionist must complete clerical tasks and manage telephone calls efficiently.
- Greet incoming patients and potential patients warmly and direct them to the waiting room, ensure that all new patients complete the questionnaire to add to their chart
- Actively listen to patient needs and direct their inquiries appropriately, both on the phone and in person
- Manage the phone lines for the clinic and respond to voicemails in a timely manner
- Update the appointment and patient file software accurately after each patient arrival and departure
- Distribute emails, messages, mail and faxes to the appropriate team member
- Prepare, scan, retrieve, label and file patient charts and manage digital files
- Call our patients to confirm appointments
- Mail invoices and other documents
- Check inventory and clinic esthetics as needed
- Any other tasks as per required by the Center Director or management team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Have excellent customer orientation, demonstrating emotional intelligence
- Be at ease navigating computers and software, learn new software quickly
- Be at ease managing telephone system, printer, scanner, copier and fax machine
- Excellent execution skills and organization skills
- Ability to adapt well to often-changing environment
- Must thrive in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Be able to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Experience working in reception at a business or doctor’s office would be an asset
- Experience in customer service/client care would be an asset
This is a permanent, full-time position. We offer a competitive compensation, bonuses and benefits. Candidates must be willing to work 40 hours per week, on a flexible schedule (days, evenings and weekends). A full training is given to all new hires. LASIK MD will also give you the opportunity to learn new skills and make a difference in people's lives on a daily basis!
We thank all candidates for their interest but we will only communicate with the candidates selected for an interview.