College of Western Idaho
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HVAC/Building Systems Mechanic
at College of Western Idaho
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time, Benefit-Eligible
RESPONSIBLE TO: Manager III, Facilities
ESTIMATED CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
This position is responsible for performing preventative maintenance/repair of building HVAC and mechanical equipment and systems to extend the operable service life of equipment and to ensure safe and efficient operation of these systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Responsible for preventative maintenance and repair of building mechanical equipment to extend the operable service life of equipment and to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Coordinate with contractors and vendors providing services to CWI.
- Available to respond to facility and system emergencies at all hours to take actions to ensure the facility is safe for occupancy and operation.
- Investigate and troubleshoot equipment or system malfunctions and recommend solutions.
- Conveys by words and action the values expected by CWI
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Journeyman HVAC license – proof of a minimum of four (4) years of experience working in the trade or as a registered HVAC apprentice making HVAC installations in compliance with the requirements of the State.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge and understanding in use of basic hand, power tools, and tools common to the HVAC trade.
- Valid Idaho driver’s license.
- Ability to individually lift a minimum of 50 lbs and with assistance, move and transport materials and equipment weighing in excess of 200 lbs.
- Ability to work in confined attic and crawl spaces.
- Ability to climb and perform overhead work from ladders, personnel lifts and elevated platforms.
- Ability to work outdoors in all seasons exposed to elements approx. 20% to 30% of the time.
- Prior work experience and/or education in the electrical trade preferred.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working both indoors and outdoors. Work will involve lifting equipment and materials; bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling for long periods; climbing, reaching, sitting and ambulating; and near visual acuity for reading instructions, technical specifications, safety labels and literature.
CWI OFFERS A COMPETITIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES
- Affordable health insurance coverage - medical, dental, and vision
- Opportunity for flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Generous retirement plan, depending on position, may include:
- Participation in Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI) defined benefit plan, or
- Mandatory employee contribution of 6.79% of earnings
- Employer contribution of 11.32% of earnings
- Participation in the Optional Retirement Plan
- Mandatory employee contribution of 6.97%
- Employer contribution of 11.24% of earnings with 100% immediate vesting
- Employer covered life and disability insurance
- Additional employee, spouse, and dependent life insurance available for purchase
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- CWI tuition reduction for employees, spouse, and dependents (restrictions apply)
- Reciprocal agreements with other Idaho colleges and Universities (restrictions apply)
- Vacation accrues based on length of service with CWI
- Sick Leave accrued at a rate of 8 hours per month
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Employee discount programs from many local businesses