College of Southern Idaho
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at College of Southern Idaho
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Transport Head Start children and other passengers in safe, prompt and pleasant manner and assist the center staff to maintain a safe appealing vehicle and facility.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current CDL plus all other endorsements as required (passenger and “S” endorsement)
- Twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
- Pass the Dept. of Transportation physical examination, as well as, program required agility criteria.
- Able to lift 50 pounds in repetitive manner with reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to transport a child a minimum of 20 feet to exit vehicle in an emergency situation.
- Ability to climb up and down steps that vary in height.
- Ability to operate a variety of vehicles (i.e. bus, van, car)
- Show proof of and maintain a safe driving record as outlined in Organizational Services Work Plan.
- Ability to maneuver from the driver’s seat to passenger area to conduct emergency evacuation procedures.
- Complete a PPD for tuberculosis testing
- Ability to perform basic tasks related to the operation and evacuation of a school bus such as the ability to kneel, step up and down, scooting from emergency exit door, assist children in entering and exiting the bus.
- Demonstrate ability to perform fine motor skills, and repetitive motion abilities as listed. Ability to open and close passenger entrance door, operate motor vehicles switches, use peripheral vision to scan field of vision, as well as, all mirrors, buckle and unbuckle all restraint devices associated with this vehicle.
- Complete criminal record check from Department of Health & Welfare’s Criminal History Unit prior to consideration for hire
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ESSENTIAL:
- Treat Head Start/Early Head Start participants, community members and fellow staff with positive regard.
- Use reason and judgment to operate Head Start/Early Head Start vehicle in a safe, prompt and pleasant manner.
- Gather and provide written information about the general maintenance of the Head Start/Early Head Start vehicles by maintaining current vehicle maintenance records.
- Provide information and training to volunteers on the operation and safety program related to the Head Start/Early Head Start vehicles as prescribed in Head Start Performance Standards.
- Keep all vehicles assigned to your center clean and continue the general maintenance schedule for Head Start/Early Head Start
- Monitor and track data related to Head Start/Early Head Start vehicles assigned to their specific center.
- Maintain a check in/out sheet for Head Start/Early Head Start vehicles at their center.
- Complete all program required paper work regarding operation and maintenance of Head Start/Early Head Start vehicles.
- Participate in an individualized continuing education plan including, maintaining current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Manage child behavior through acceptable/appropriate methods. If there are questions discuss with the Center Supervisor and/or Lead Teacher.
- Collaborate with center staff to ensure the center is an inviting and nurturing environment reflective of the local community. The cultures of participating families will be reflective of the local community.
- Collaborate with center staff to recruit and train Head Start bus monitors on as needed basis.
- Submit to all Department of Transportation required drug testing.
- Meet all other screening requirements as specified by CSI Head Start/Early Head Start.
- Perform designated clerical and maintenance activities as assigned. This position may be responsible for the general cleaning and maintenance of the Head Start/Early Head Start facility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.